Tuesday, July 27, 2010

T-Mobile won't let me have a new phone

I decided to get myself a smart phone. I have a contract with T-Mobile already. I thought it would be simple to get one through T-Mobile's website. I selected the phone and the contract I thought suitable including options. I then identified myself by logging in. The offer disappeared. I could not get it back.

I called T-Mobile and gave my password. I explained the problem. The person at the other end on a poor connection from a distant land asked me if I didn't want another phone instead. She said I should go to my local T-Mobile shop as it would save post and packing. I gave in and ended the call.

I then received a series of texts asking questions about the service. I replied and T-Mobile didn't get good marks.

I went to the shop today (no, I know they didn't deserve it). I asked for the phone of my choice. They hadn't got any. The assistant said they might have some on Friday. I asked if they could save one for me until next Tuesday when I would be in the area. I was told they couldn't. Apparently if I call them on Monday and they have any they will save one until Tuesday. Wonderful!

I guess the reason for the stonewalling, the website set-up and the problem in the shop is that they simply don't have the phones available. It would be more honest just to say so. As I have a contract I am paying T-Mobile money while I am waiting. Of course I could change provider but that would involve more hassle and probably more obfuscation. What a terrible example of poor customer service by a company that doesn't seem to care about its customers.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: